Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Join DIYAbility on October 14th for an educational webinar.
Learn about the iPad and how it can be used as an assistive technology device or tool.
The iPad has an extensive amount of accessibility built into its operating system. We will explore these modifications as well as discuss applications to assist with communication needs, computer access, and home automation.
Wednesday, October 14th, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
General registration cost is $35.00.
AOTA Member: $31.50 - AOTA CEU credits for all Occupational Therapists that participate.
By the End of the Webinar Learners Will be Able to:
- Discuss various disabilities and how the resulting impairments can affect iPad us
- Discuss accessibility options that are part of the OS in the iPad
- Identify at least three applications to meet a variety of needs, from computer access to home automation (and then some)
- Identify three pieces of hardware for access of the iPad including mounting
Who should participate?
- Occupational, physical, speech, music and recreational therapists.
- Parents, relatives and family friends of individuals with physical impairments
- Anyone curious to learn about accessibility and iPad use
Contact Hours: This course will provide 1.5 hours of contact hours, .15 CEUs will be awarded at the end of a quiz that will be delivered electronically. A passing score of 70% is considered passing. Once a passing score is obtained a certificate of attendance will be emailed to the learner. Full attendance is required for completion and CEU obtainment, in addition to passing the quiz (signed in at the beginning of the webinar).
Can't make the live event? DIYAbility will have this webinar archived on our website for continuing education credits four weeks after the live event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
DIYAbility is an organization for empowering people with and without disabilities to Make their world. Read more about DIYAbility on the website, http://www.diyability.org.