|Emma Ward was one of CReATE's |
2012 wheelchair recipients.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
UATP Highlights for Dec. 2012 and Jan. 2013
What has UATP been up to? Here's a few highlights from the past two months to show how we serve the Utah public.
1. Storee, UATP public relations specialist, presented a training on assistive technology for children to the Davis County Up to 3 program on Jan. 25th. Twenty professionals attended.
2. Monica, minority outreach specialist, provided a demonstration to the Options for Independence low-vision group. Eleven individuals attended. She will provide another demonstration on January 17th.
3. Clay, AT Lab coordinator, has been charged with moving the Smart Apartment forward. This is a project that will assist with research and creating new assistive technology systems. He will be wiring and running sensors in cooperation with the Energy Dynamics Lab.
4. Clay reported that three PEER students are utilizing the AT Lab, along with one student from the Employability Clinic. Approximately 60 students from the USU SPED 5530 class will be working on projects at the Lab.
(Citizens Reutilizing Assistive Technology Equipment) refurbished,
recycled and repaired 102 donated mobility devices in 2012, saving
6. The Utah Assistive Technology Foundation approved 11 loans in December and three small grants to individuals with disabilities to buy assistive technology.