|CReATE, located in Salt Lake City, |
is looking for a new technician!
Job Number #40991
Position Title: Wheelchair & Scooter Repair Technician
Hours: 30 hours per week, Monday – Thursday
Pay: $13/hour. Benefits are not offered.
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
This is a part-time position with Citizens Reutilizing Assistive Technology Equipment (CReATE), a growing, non-profit organization. CReATE operates through The Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University. The person hired will refurbish and recycle donated, used mobility devices and parts. We are seeking someone with a strong technical background who can capture the vision of this state-wide program.
- Determine usability of parts from used manual and power wheelchairs and scooters. Sort parts to be reutilized or scrapped and recycled. Transport materials to the recycling center.
- Refurbish previously owned, usable devices to manufacturer’s standards, including body and electronics.
- Test and sanitize refurbished devices.
- Organize and keep the warehouse clean.
- Pick-up donations and deliver refurbished devices to homes and various locations throughout Utah; with most pickups and deliveries in the Salt Lake valley.
- Complete necessary paperwork in a neat, orderly, and timely manner.
- Explain the CReATE program to others; make contacts with other organizations and agencies.
- Assist in promoting and growing the CReATE program.
- Train and oversee volunteers in the work environment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skill Set:
- Ability to follow directions and procedures (oral and written).
- Capacity to work unsupervised.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics.
- Knowledge of electronics.
- Knowledge of basic power and hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronics and motors.
- Basic computer skills (email, internet searches, word processing, spread sheets).
- Communication and partnering well with co-workers and clients.
- Ability to fluently and effectively read, write and converse in the English language. Some knowledge of Spanish, considered a plus.
- Strong customer service experience and skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize and inventory all equipment, tools, and parts.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (up to 85 lbs.) and climb a ladder.
- Ability to kneel and stand for long periods of time.
- Self-initiative is a must, with a strong skill set for working with little or no supervision, meeting and exceeding deadlines.
- Desire and willingness to work with individuals with various disabilities.
- Possess a valid Utah driver’s license.
- Please submit your resume and three references (names, titles, contact mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers).
- Include any wheelchair or assistive technology certifications within your resume.
- A background check is required as part of the hiring process.