Open until Dec. 19th. To apply to this job, go to USU's Career Aggie website, and after making a profile, look for job ID #60678 - CReATE assistant.
Job Description: This is a part-time, non-benefited position. CReATE is a growing, non-profit organization operated through the Utah Assistive Technology Program at the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University. The CReATE Assistant will possess good office management and customer service skills, as well as basic mechanical skills to refurbish, clean and scrap materials in the warehouse.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls, emails, and other correspondence and provide timely and accurate responses. Complete daily paperwork and data entry to various databases and spreadsheets.
- Work well in a team environment. Interact positively and professionally with everyone.
- Under direction from CReATE coordinator and UATP PR/Marketing specialist, actively participate and promote public relations and marketing initiatives including:
- Social media websites, blogs, bulletins, websites, etc.
- External and internal events (fairs, expos, open houses, etc.)
- Coordinate and perform in-services, webcasts, on-site demonstrations, open houses, etc.
- Assist and coordinate with volunteers.
- Refer callers to appropriate agencies, non-profits and vendors, if we cannot meet their needs.
- Clean, sanitize, and refurbish used mobility devices. Scrap/recycle devices, organize and store usable parts. Transport scrapped/recyclable materials to a recycling center.
- Deliver and pick up donated devices in various locations between Ogden and Provo.
- Provide suggestions and feedback to help ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintain, clean, and organize all areas of work environment.
- Work with clients to help secure funding for specific devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Supervised by the Utah Assistive Technology Program (UATP) at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. Person will report directly to the CReATE Program Coordinator.
Location: Job is located in a warehouse at the Judy Buffmire building: 1595 West 500 South, Salt Lake City.
1. Strong PC skills, ability to operate basic office equipment. Experience with data entry, database maintenance/management and inventory spread sheets. Basic familiarity with social media strongly preferred. Public relations and marketing experience a plus.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to fluently read, write and converse in the English language. Spanish language skills are a plus. Ability to follow directions and procedures.
3. Strong customer service experience and ability to positively interact with outside agencies, vendors, and clients in a friendly and professional manner.
4. Self-initiative with a strong skill set for working with little or no supervision to meet/exceed deadlines.
5. Experience working with people with disabilities and mobility equipment strongly preferred.
6. Basic knowledge of power and hand tools. Knowledge of electronics a plus.
7. Detail-oriented with ability to organize both hard copy and electronics files, wheelchair parts, and tools.
8. Ability to lift heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds), climb a ladder and stand for up to 4-8 hours per day.
9. Possess a current valid Utah driver’s license. Must be able to complete driver’s training and certification to drive both state (USOR) and Utah State University vehicles.
10. Ability to drive a full-size van and/or pickup truck. Ability to maneuver a utility trailer a plus.